The enthusiasm of the team at Jota Advanced Engineering is fundamental to the success of the service we provide and our many satisfied customers. We are proud to offer training programmes to college leavers in our world-class workshop – and are always on the look out for those who are eager to develop their career in our award-winning organisation.
If you think you have something to offer – then please scroll down to see our latest vacancies, or alternatively get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org We are happy to consider all candidates who share our passion in manufacturing beautiful parts.
Two of our employees, Callum and Ryan, explain their journey’s to working at Jota Advanced Engineering below.
Job Description Technical Engineer
Jota Advanced Engineering are recruiting for CNC programmer (Technical Engineer) to join their established workforce. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated and looking to further their career in a forward-thinking engineering company.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
• Creating complex NC programmes and setup notes
• Creating CMM measurement programmes for inspection and workshop requirements
• Proving out new complex jobs when necessary
• Reviewing design data and technical information to identify any restraints, recommend solutions and ensure actions are carried out to meet deadlines.
• Effective management of your own time in accordance with work demand
• Liaising with tooling and work holding companies for the latest in technologies
• Monitoring and ordering tooling for the workshop through the internal MRP system.
• Making improvements to set-up and run times for current jobs.
• Liaise with clients to supply information and advice whenever necessary.
• Maintain a clean & tidy working environment.
• Comply with all health and safety regulations.
• Meet or exceed departmental key performance indicators.
Knowledge & Skills required:
• Ability to work with all types of materials including aluminium, stainless steel, special alloys and plastics.
• Ability to use a range of machining equipment both manual and CNC (5 Axis Milling and 4 Axis Turning)
• Candidates must have several years’ experience of complex 5 Axis Milling and 4 Axis CNC Turning programming experience.
• Ability to programme CNC machines on and offline (OpenMind HyperMill software)
• Ability to read engineering drawings with a good understanding of GD&T
• Ideally have experience programming/operating CMM’s (Aberlink software)
• Ability to design and manufacture bespoke work holding fixtures for complex jobs.
• Working in a safe manner and ensuring the safety of others
• Openly share experiences and information within the team in relation to tooling and how to complete various tasks.
• Adhering to good housekeeping within the work area
• Using substances under COSHH regulations
• Reporting serviceability of workshop or service equipment to management
• Recognised engineering apprenticeship, Relevant City and Guilds, NVQ qualification, recognised service qualification or apprenticeship track record
In return we offer:
• 42.5 hours per week full time employment
• 20 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Working within a detailed ISO9001 quality management system
• Opportunities for personal development
• Company events
• Flexibility for family commitments
• Competitive rates of pay